Monday, August 25, 2008

Bad news on Ana!! bUT ENDS GOOD

So Ana is now back in ICU!
yesterday she began to breathe really heavy and so the nurse raised the oxygen tank, but from then it only got worse..
So they rushed her ro ICU and found that there was Fluid in her lungs :[
So it's allmost like drowning,
they then were able to pump out ALOT of the water, so now she is resting but this is what Krista wrote about it:

KRISTA:
I'm going to give myself a pat on the back and say that I had a great idea today :) We've been having a VERY hard time getting a blood pressure for the past 5 or so days. Way worse than at the beginning. Ana is fighting so much more. She just hates it. And, the dumb machines aren't sensitive enough. So I asked our nurse, Missy today if she could go find a manometer somewhere, and do it the old fashioned way. It's working great! She is much calmer since she can see where the air pressure comes from (daddy even pumped it up once) and the nurse is able to get a reading the first time, every time! We're rockin' now!

Now, I have to confess that I had a REALLY rough past couple of days. Ana just wasn't doing as well as she had been, and she was SOOOOO grumpy! I'm pretty sure she has another UTI. I was already getting frustrated that God hadn't let us go home yet. Then, she started breathing funny yesterday. and it kept getting worse, and worse, and our nurse was adjusting the oxygen up and up. She called the internist and he sent us back to the Peds ICU. We put her right back on the first kind of dialysis the one that runs all day instead of just 3-4 hours per day. She was breathing so fast. Around 85 breaths a minute, and she was coughing. Her lungs were just so full of fluid. They had her Oxygen up to 5 liters. (now she's down to 2 :) I called Dustin at 10 and asked him to come back up. There were 2 docs, and 3 nurses hovering, and I was scared. God used these circumstances and the knots in my tummy to remind me that I had to give her back to him. She doesn't belong to me. He also reminded me that he doesn't like to watch her suffer either, but he knows the outcome. And, as D said, we know Him, and that's just as good.

D reminded me about midnight last night that we were in exactly the same place 2 weeks ago, just a reversal of roles. He said he was in the hospital with Ana, worried sick, and I was on the road. He wondered if we were both supposed to learn the lessons that the other person learned 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure yet...

They pulled off quite a lot more fluid from the dialysis and she is doing so much better. Her lungs sound clear, and she's barely laboring at all. She's also resting pretty well now. She drank a bunch of apple juice this morning, and even had a couple of bites of pizza.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. God is so good. He's faithful in the big and little things alike. Thank you for all of your encouragement. It's been so great!

Happy... what is it??? Monday?

HUGS,
k

4 comments:

emmajess said...

hope she keeps getting better! i'll keep praying and tell sum other ppl 2!

vAdA said...

OMG!! I will keep praying for them! Jeez....I feel horrible for them.....=[.

kayla said...

i will keep praying that God will heal her soon and give dustin and krista patience and that ana will get to go home soon. vry soon!

dominique sambrano said...

wow its really scary to think about what can happen in minutes or even seconds. i will keep praying and i hope she gets better